Monday 2 June 2014

BEN   FOSTER   TALKS   WARCRAFT.
With all the news about the new Star Wars instalment and Marvel films that have been hitting the internet lately, it has become easy to forget that in two years Duncan Jones is going to release a World of Warcraft film, Warcraft. It is understandable why some people lack the enthusiasm for Jones' films after all it is based on a computer game that has an extremely devoted following from the players but if you don't play, like me, you probably have no idea what any of its about, like me. But I have am really looking forward to what Jones can do with this film. This is a director who made the amazing Moon and the even better, for me at least, Source Code, so the film is in safe hands. So I was pleasantly surprised to see Ben Foster, who is set to star in the film, has revealed who he will be playing.  "He's a mage, which is essentially a sorcerer," said the actor. "He came up in a time protecting an area, and the way he protected this area was through magic. As peace returned to this land he took a break. He hung up his staff, so to speak, or let his guns get dusty. We meet him as his friends are returning asking for his help in a battle.

The actor also told the fans they would be instore for one hell of a 3D event, stating: "The way that they're pushing motion-capture - I just saw some of the test footage - it's unlike anything I've ever seen. It's performance-capture. It pushes it to the next level," said the actor, whose own Warcraft alter-ego isn't a performance-capture character." While I am not a fan of 3D, I am intrigued to see what Jones can do with the format, especially in a post-Gravity world. While the film may not be attracting as much coverage as the likes of Star Wars, it does have real potential to be amazing, even if you have never played the game. Jones has picked out a really stand out cast consisting of Ben Foster, Toby Kebbell and Dominic Cooper, an actor for me who has been waiting for the right role to really make him the star he can be. So Jones has got me interested, I just hope the first trailer offers enough to get enough people interested as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment